I’m starting the Whole 30 tomorrow. I’ve been struggling to lose that last bit of baby weight (one year later!) and my sugar intake is at an all-time high. They said on the Today Show the other day that this is the least we will weigh for the rest of the year. Yikes! I have been thinking that I need to do something drastic to quash my bad eating habits and tame the sugar dragon so I figured it’s now or never. I’m both excited and terrified. If I start tomorrow I will be done just in time for Thanksgiving.
You know I will tell you all about the process over the next thirty days. I am a big whiner so I apologize in advance – I know it will get ugly. Wish me luck!
This week’s meal plan is a mix of Whole 30 friendly recipes and regular food I’ll give the kids and Greg. I’ll write about what I eat in the Last Week’s Eats posts – stay tuned!
- Sunday: Pulled pork sandwiches and broccoli slaw
- Monday: Leftover pulled pork, green beans and corn muffins
- Tuesday: Meatloaf, mashed potatoes and green beans
- Wednesday: Tacos and roasted broccoli
- Thursday: Spaghetti (zucchini noodles) and meat sauce with veggie salad (this Whole 30 ranch dressing)
- Friday: Citrus chicken, roasted potato wedges and green beans
- Saturday: Salmon, roasted broccoli and cauliflower rice
I’m not doing a ton of meal prep this week only because this is my short week at work. I decided condiments would be key during this Whole 30 process so I ordered the (Whole 30 approved) condiment pack and then made BBQ sauce and ranch dressing (recipe links below).
- Drink: Cashew milk (minus vanilla extract and sweetener)
- Protein: Chicken and apple sausages, tuna salad, HB eggs, Applegate turkey
- Veggies: Carrots, Sweet potatoes, Broccoli
- Fruit: Apples, Pear, Strawberries
- Sauce: BBQ Sauce and Ranch Dressing