I’ve got a really healthy and easy meal plan this week. I’m going to make up a batch of meatballs tonight and serve them with cauliflower puree and my canned green beans. I’m going to save some of the meatballs for Monday and make meatball sliders. I have a huge bag of shrimp in the freezer so I thought I’d make a shrimp pasta on Tuesday night. I have a variety of vegetables in the fridge so I’ll throw a bunch in and then probably make an easy sauce with pasta water and lemon juice. On Wednesday I’m making a big batch of minestrone soup in the slow cooker and I’ll freeze what we don’t eat. I love the cornbread mix from Trader Joe’s. I’m going use it to make muffins and freeze any leftovers individually. The soup and muffins will be great for lunches! I saw the veggie nachos recipe in this month’s Cooking Light and thought they’d be perfect for Thursday night football. Friday is usually pizza night and skillet pizza is one of our all time favorites.
Have a great week!
- Sunday: Barbecue Meatballs, cauliflower puree and green beans
- Monday: Meatball sliders and caprese salad
- Tuesday: Shrimp and vegetable linguini and garlic bread
- Wednesday: Slow cooker Minestrone Soup with corn muffins
- Thursday: Veggie nachos
- Friday: Sausage and arugula skillet pizza and roasted broccoli
- Saturday: OFF
Sunday Meal Prep:
Ever since Everett has started drinking whole milk we have been going through so much of it each week – and it’s so expensive. I’ve been trying to come up with milk alternatives to use for cooking things like oatmeal and save the regular milk for drinking only. I make almond milk quite frequently but this week I decided to try cashew. Oh my goodness, it’s so good! It doesn’t taste as nutty as almond milk — and it’s super creamy. The other great thing about it is that you don’t have to strain the milk like you do when making almond milk. You just soak the cashews, drain, add water and blend.
Most of this week’s prep will be used for lunches and snacking. I got a huge bag of pink lady apples this week so I thought it would be fun to make Carmel sauce.
- Bread: Great Harvest Honey Whole Wheat
- Soup: Minestrone
- Sauce/dip: Carmel sauce and lemon mustard vinaigrette
- Veggies: Cucumber, carrots, celery
- Protein: White beans, hardboiled eggs, sardine salad
- Fruit: Apples, plums
- Grain: Wheatberry salad (sub farro)
- Cheese: Goat cheddar and mozzarella
- Nut: Toasted walnuts
- Lettuce: Arugula
- Drink: Cashew milk
- Sweet: Cookie dough bites and apples with Carmel sauce